[AG-TECH] Audio losses synch (more technical questions)

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 08:59:48 CDT 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Robert Olson wrote:

> >I managed to compile up the AG vic code linked against the most up to date
> >UCL common library. (There is some new crypto code that has been
> >seperatly added to both development trees but if you delete the files
> >from vic the program still links ok)
>
> An aside on why this is there - vic doesn't use the libcommon mechanisms
> for RTP transport (it has its own internal RTP handling code). The crypto
> code that's in libcommon is there in support of rat (and other clients of
> the libcommon RTP library). Vic has analagous crypto code in a module
> conforming to the vic crypto interface.
>
> >  This might be enough to fix this
> >problem. It should be as all the mbus code would be from the same
> >revision.
>
> Did you see any weirdness with vic built with the latest libcommon? if not,
> we can go ahead and merge the new libcommon in with vic.
>
> Did you use the CVS version, or the latest release version (1.2.8). Ivan
> found some win32 portability problems in the latest CVS version; not sure
> of the state of resolution of those.

I have not tested much at all but it seems to work.
The win32 changes are now in the UCL repository. The vic from the AG cvs
compiles out of the box against the new UCL CVS directories apart from
changing common -> common/src in Makefile.in

vic seems to receive uncorrupted rtp.source.playout messages from a rat
built from CVS.

  vic mbus recvd:rtp.source.playout "242b67b6" 50 from (media:audio
      module:engine app:rat session:0 id:18403)

I'll look at adding the required rtp.cname messages.

			Stephen