[AG-TECH] Timezones and the Beer Session

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 17 00:19:47 CST 2002

Due to end of daylight saving in northern hemisphere and start
of it here in southern hemisphere, noon at Mountain Time (do I have
the right timezone for Montana?) is currently 6am in Sydney. That sounds
much better than 4am except that I see that the session actually starts
early morning in Montana

i.e. noon is an approximate finishing time rather than starting time.
	Is that correct?

An 8am start (Mountain Time) will be 2am start here.
A  9am start (Mountain Time) will be 3am start here.

Lucas Heights is ~ 1hr drive from our lab at the Aust Technology Park
(including wrong turns etc.). Its close to centre of town - see map at
  http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/about/local_info/map/atp_map.html

chris

>Damn... the timezones.   Noonish in the Midwest is ~ 4 AM in
>Sydney where I'll be during tbe Beer sessions.   Sigh...it never
>fails....
>
>Hmmm...  I wonder if anyone from the  Sydney group
>is planning on attending?  If anyone from Oz is going
>to be on-line  drop me an Email  and we can try to coordinate.
>I'll be at ANSTO/ Lucas Heights, but have no idea
>how far that is from the Sydney AG Node.
>

>Nestor

__
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880
University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia                http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au