[AG-TECH] AG Virtual Venue Server Prototype available

Kabe Vanderbaan Kabe_VanderBaan-KVANDER2 at email.mot.com
Fri Sep 14 20:23:47 CDT 2001

Bob,
I have followed the install directions on both your email and in the
/usr/share/doc/ag-vv-1.0.00/INSTALL directory. I successfully installed
the software, but when I run the vv-configure script, I receive:

--begin
Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/ag/VVServer/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/local/ag/VVServer/lib/DBSetup.pm
line
32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/ag/VVServer/lib/DBSetup.pm
line 32.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/ag/VVServer/bin/vv-configure
line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/ag/VVServer/bin/vv-configure
line 20.
--end

Here is a rundown of my process:
I installed Redhat 7.1 on a clean box
I went to ftp://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/pub/vv/ and downloaded all of the
rpms
I went to redhat.com and downloaded the other rpms I needed

I then installed in this order using "rpm -U -v <rpm name>"
apache-1.3.12-25.i386.rpm
postgresql-7.0.2-17.i386.rpm
postgresql-server-7.0.2-17.i386.rpm
moo-1.8.1-1.i386.rpm
perl-URI-1.15-1.i386.rpm
perl-XML-Parser-2.30-1.i386.rpm
perl-SOAP-Lite-0.51-1.i386.rpm
php-4.0.4pl1-3.i386.rpm
php-pgsql-4.0.4pl1-3.i386.rpm
ag-vv-1.0.00-1.i386.rpm

I then ran
	/sbin/service httpd start
	/sbin/service postgresql start
	/sbin/service vv-moo start
and
	  /sbin/chkconfig httpd on
	  /sbin/chkconfig postgresql on
	  /sbin/chkconfig vv-moo on
successfully.
Finally, I ran the vv-config script and received the messages from
above.

Any Ideas why I would receive this?  Am I using the correct versions?

Thanks,
Kabe

--
Kabe VanderBaan, Research Engineer
Networks and Infrastructure Research, Motorola Labs