[AG-TECH] AG Centralisation

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 18 19:01:25 CDT 2001

Don,

You are right on target. The vision is that communities can and should be
able to manage their own virtual spaces. We would like to see a large
community of venues servers, all connected as peers, much like the web is
today, so that we could easily navigate from one set of venues to another.
You, of course, would be able to control access to your spaces, but the
connection would be there so we could all visit one another.

Towards this end, we have released an early version of this kind of venue
server. It was announced on ag-tech a while ago, maybe the end of August.
We're in the car connected by cel phine now, so I can't easily browse for
the URL. We will look for it tonite and send it later., but you may be able
to find it in teh archives of ag-tech.

We;d like for others to try it out and provide feedback. Be aware, it is in
the early stages and will be changing.

Terry