[AG-TECH] UKy Seminar: Cleaned up PPT.

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Mar 7 09:37:37 CST 2001

I'm directing this to AG-TECH and not just Satish, thinking
there may be other new folks ignorant in the mystical dppt3....

I got the dppt3 distribution from the AG web site -
it appears that maybe I'm supposed to change the SERVER
variable in "config.bat" to whoever is "serving" us the
master PPT presentation?  The default now in "config.bat"
is dyfrig.mcs.anl.gov.  Is this correct, or do I possibly
need to change this to some host in Kentucky?  Or Arlington,
or wherever the speaker is coming from?  Is there anything
else I might want to consider changing?

Once I have the config.bat set up correctly, it's my understanding
that all I need to do is

client full-path-to-ppt-file

Oui? This should work even though I'm using vtc to go through
a bridge?

I don't need to worry about VNC or anything else just yet, do
I?

Thanks - I always like resolving these problems before "showtime" :)

Don

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Satish K. Vanimisetti wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New version of the ppt (without transitions/animations) is
> available at:
> http://www.ccs.uky.edu/ccs/profiles/Spring01/wed/mar7-notrans.ppt
>
> We meet in the Windmer virtual venue at:
> 2:30pm eastern for testing, and
> 3:30pm eastern for the Seminar.
>
> Thanks
> -Satish Vanimisetti

   Don Morton                  http://www-scinet.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139