[AG-TECH] reflector library error

Wesley Lau (DSD student -DAA) wklau at george.lbl.gov
Mon Aug 20 20:20:05 CDT 2001

Hello,

I'm running RH7.1 and am having a problem with running the reflector.  I
get the following error message when trying to run it:

[ag at agpbvid bin]$ reflector 10000 10001
reflector: error while loading shared libraries: libtk8.0.so: cannot load
[ag at agpbvid bin]$

I have /usr/lib/libtk8.3.so installed, and I prefer not to downgrade.  Is
there a way to get reflector to ignore the version number.  When
installing the reflector rpm, it complained about the same library, but I
used the --nodeps option to force the install.

thanks,
wes