[AG-TECH] Single Linux Box Node

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 23 14:12:56 CDT 2001

We're waiting for the next generation Intel Pentium IV chipset and
processors to ship.  This will provide us with Dual Pentium IV 1.7 GHz
CPUs, one 32 bit PCI bus and one 64 bit PCI bus.

Once we receive one of these boxes, our intention is to test 30 video
streams in, two out.  We feel that this should be very easily
obtainable, leaving us plenty of room to expand to either encoder more
video streams or take on more intensive shared workspaces such as 3D
virtual environments.

Timeline is we will receive one of these boxes in the next few weeks
from Dell and they plan to ship them commercially sometime in the next
few months.

 - jcb