[AG-TECH] Suggestions for debugging?

Chris Geddings cegeddin at colltech.com
Fri Apr 13 08:43:59 CDT 2001

Howdy,
I had the ability to send and receive audio and video on the grid
on Monday (April 9th).  Sometime on Teusday I lost this ability.
I do not understand multicast well enough to know how to debug this
problem, so I need some help and suggestions.

Here are a list of points:

1) On beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999, I look at my entries (I have
two beacons running right now, watrgrid1.atr.jnj.com and
watrgrid3.atr.jnj.com, and I look fine for the R rows and S columns when
communicating with myself (ie between those two beacon nodes).  I look
okay for my R rows.  My S columns look like I have issues, with N/A
being
the dominate entry.

2) I can receive audio and video fine.

3) No one else can see or hear my transmissions (audio or video).

4) I brough up a second node and connected to the Grid, between the
two nodes at my site (both are on the same switch here), I am able
to communicate between the two with audio and video, however, neither
node can be seen by others.

Ideas, suggestions, help?

--Chris