JPEG VIC/Video Capture Card Problems

Allan Kenneth Spale aspale1 at uic.edu
Tue Nov 14 13:43:49 CST 2000

EVL/UIC recently updated its audio machine with the software and hardware
needed to run the new jpeg capturidg vic. owever, the main problem is
that I cannot get any video.

I have checked the obvious (check the cable, put the cable in the video in
part of the video capture card).  Everything seems to be as it should.
I did all of the known steps for updating the kernel and installing
additional software.  I just do not know what I am doing wrong.

Also, one error message that tends to appear is the following:
ioctl BUZIOC_SYNC after loop: Timer expired

Sometimes around the time vic may crash (and this happens if I try to
push the program too much), I get this message repeatedly:
ioctl BUZIOC_SYNC_NONBLOCKING: Invalid argument

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Allan Spale
node-op