"PIM-5-SA_ENCAP_INVALID: Bad SA" messages

Tony Rimovsky tony at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 18 09:51:40 CDT 2000

 Update from Juniper as of 7/5/00:

"There is no patch for this yet.  PR9236 is a low priority PR because it not
being service affecting.  Is this causing more problems than cluttering up
the logs?  If so, please let me know so we can re-evaluate priority level."

Juniper described the problem as "incorrectly sending MSDP SA packet
when a PIM null register is received."