Video Conf. Task Force (fwd)

Daniel Sandin dan at uic.edu
Wed Jan 12 10:55:44 CST 2000

Hi.
At The end of the month ( during SPIE) I will be having meetings with
engineers at Pinnacle to evaluate using the 3000 series PCI card as a multi
stream  encoder decoder to do mpeg, jpeg or DVcam-DVpro. The concept is to
hardware accelerate VIC.  Since there is software to be developed, the
earliest this solution could be applied is in the summer of 00 .

I am also interested in getting pointer to encoder-decoder boxes.

At 12:10 PM 1/11/00 -0600, Rick Stevens wrote:
>Do we have specs on these MPEG-2 systems ?

Daniel J. Sandin
Director, Electronic Visualization Laboratory (M/C 154)
The University of Illinois at Chicago
851 S. Morgan St. Rm 1120 SEO
Chicago IL 60607-7053
ph) 312-996-3002