Utah's multicast: A Case of Pointy Fingers...

Richard Coffey richardc at cs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 12 20:44:34 CST 1999

FYI

Richard ;-)

----------
From: Sandra Cederholm <scederholm at telcom.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:28:24 -0700
To: "'network-outage at lists.utah.edu'" <network-outage at lists.utah.edu>
Subject: Update on vBNS - No change

SCOPE: vBNS link down affecting U of U Campus users

REASON: MCI/WorldComm link (possible circuit problems) is down

START TIME: Approx. 9:53A, November 8
END TIME: Still unknown at this time; no restore date and time from MCI is
available

CUSTOMERS: All U of U customers using vBNS link, multicast

TICKET #: MCI opened ticket #209505 with TCG; TCG opened ticket with Quest

Problem still appears to be circuit outage.  UEN is being frustrated by lack
of consensus as to who owns the problem and they continue to attempt
escalation with our primary vendor, MCI, to achieve a solution.  Further
updates will be provided when we have them.
4:20PM November 12, 1999

CNOC
581-4000
cnoc at telcom.utah.edu