No subject

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 20 15:03:19 CDT 1999

To: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: New echo cancel equipment recommendation
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:59:31 -0500
From: Bob Olson <olson at mcs.anl.gov>

Howdy folks ...

We recently learned about some echo cancel gear that we think should
replace the voicecrafter. In fact, anyone who's not bought audio gear
yet shoudl probably get one of these instead.

It will actually replace both the voicecrafter and the mackie mixer,
as it has enough inputs and outputs to handle the sources & sinks. It
includes phone patch hardware as well (that we're using today in the
nanoCruise to link a teleconference to the network audio conference).

The product is made by Gentner. There are two models, AP400 that has
four mic inputs, AP800 with 8 mic inputs. The advantage of this box is
that it has echo cancelling per input, rather than echo cancelling for
the mix of inputs. It also does auto adaption of the echo
cancellation, with no training required. We're currently evaluating a
pair of them, and they work very well.

The box is controlled by either frontpanel menus or (much easier!) a
Windows app, run on the control box.

The AP400 product page is at
http://www.gentner.com/Tech/tcon/p_AP400.html. Take a look at the
AP800 too.

According to the Gentner guy, they prefer to sell thru an integrator
(small company, want people to get complete solutions from the
integrator). The guy that we've been talking to is Victor Furlanetto
from Ancha Electronics, Inc, (847) 437-7712,
vfurlanetto at ancha.com. Web page is http://www.ancha.com

--bob