[AG-DEV] Odd AG3 Bridge Behavior

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 6 13:12:36 CDT 2006

I'm experiencing some odd AG3 bridge behaviour...

I'm running an AG3 venueserver and bridge setup, running the bridge as documented in one of my
earlier posts.

The first time I connect to the bridge, a QuickBridge process is properly started on the
bridgeserver, and connected to the multicast addresses/ports as required.  The media tools are sent
the correct address/port and everything works.

However, when I re-enter the venue, or restart my venueclient and choose the bridge, the media tools
start with ports that do _not_ have a QuickBridge process running.  Further, the original
QuickBridge processes are still running on the bridgeserver; however, the venueclient/mediatools do
not connect to those ports.  Looking through the Bridge.log file shows no reference to the ports
that the media tools are connecting to.

As an aside, there are a few other QuickBridge processes started (3 in total) for IP addresses that
are within the range specified in the venueserver config; however, there is no venue configured with
these addresses (all of my venues are statically assigned).

Can I send a log in for diagnosis - and if so, which log would you like?? I'm not sure the
Bridge.log will have relevant info or not without context for how I was connecting.

Todd