Queries about ANL Venue Server

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 15:48:51 CDT 2004

At 11:00 AM 6/15/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi Mary,
>
>Good to be writing to you again! :-)
>
>As a follow-up to our discussion on publishing AG events, I tried to use
>the AGScheduler.
>
>1.  I was told to register, and after registering, I'm seeing this error
>message "This site is inactive. The following information may be
>inaccurate."  and the webpage follows to display my site information,
>etc.  Could I ask what is meant by "site" here?

There are two scheduling systems in place, NCSA AG Scheduler is most
dominant and you simply put your site information within these
webpages.  You might have to put info for the site BEFORE you add yourself
as a registrant.  As you see you need to affiliate yourself with a company
existing.
http://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/register_user.asp

If you haven't listed your site yet, go here and put in information FIRST,
then register yourself.
http://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/addSiteReq.asp
"Don't see your site?" is the link to get here.

>2.  I've already registered Singapore in the Global Node Listing, but
>could I ask what is purpose of "Registering your site for bridging to ANL"?

This is really an older crutch to help folks not on multicast network
yet.  Do not register for this type of bridging.  AG 2.x has in place
one-click switch to unicast if your multicast isn't working.

>3.  Could ANL help to create a "National Grid (Singapore)" room in the
>Institutional Lobby for us?

We are not creating any new sites in the institution venue.  We are
implementing a new automated way of doing this and all sites will need to
recreate the venue or add them if they never had a institution room with
us.  Sorry about this down time for getting an institution venue.

>Thanks so much for your help!  Cheers!

Email me with any further questions you might have.

>Jon LAU Khee Erng                   Tel   : (65)-6874-8542
>Assistant Head (Technical)          Fax   : (65)-6872-1361
>National Grid Office               Email : jonlau at ngp.org.sg
>21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace            Web   : www.ngp.org.sg
>Singapore 119613
>-----
>This email and all attachments are confidential and may be privileged.  If
>you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us
>immediately.  Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose
>its contents to any other person.  Thank you.

mary fritsch . futures lab . mcs . argonne national lab . 630 252 5297