URGENT CALL for Access Grid Expertise from PRAGMA site

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 19 10:47:10 CDT 2003

Hi Steven,

This is in response to your questions about cvs and setupvideo.

CvsSetup instructions are in README-developers, but here are some
quick instructions.

When you run bin/CvsSetup.py, make sure you type python first as shown in
the following examples.  I think the mouse problem might occur if you
don't.

Here's an example when running from main AccessGrid directory.

On windows:
  python bin/CvsSetup.py -a . -d tmpconfigdir
On Linux (redhat):
  python2.2 binCvsSetup.py -a . -d tmpconfigdir

CvsSetup.py puts configuration files in tmpconfigdir.
Lastly, follow the directions and run one of the scripts to setup your
environment and also run SetupVideo.  Then, start the venueclient, usually
with --personalNode (and --debug if you want).

---

Also, on your problem with SetupVideo.py, if you are not running from
cvs, I believe it needs to be run as root.

Eric