bugzilla quicksearch probelms

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 4 13:52:22 CST 2003

Hi --

On the AG bugzilla quicksearch page:

	http://bugzilla.mcs.anl.gov/accessgrid/quicksearch.html

I find that the options for searching for resolved, duplicate bugs or all
bugs are broken. (this means putting ALL in front of the search term, for
instance). Any of these searches returns nothing.

For instance, if you search for "rat" you get one hit (bug 65).

If you search for "ALL rat" you get zero hits.

If you search for "rat" in the long form with all states selected, you get
six hits.

I'd like to see if we can get this fixed, as we have gotten feedback that
the searching in bugzilla is proving frustrating to people.

AARGH.

I just discovered that it works properly in IE, but fails with Opera.
Frickin' nonportable javascript hacks.

Sigh, so if anyone has any ideas on how to *portably* fix this that'd be
great. Otherwise, maybe we need to put togehter a php or cgi script to
generate the right queries on the server side.

thanks!
-bob