Registry keys for winglobus

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 17:17:38 CST 2003

I was wondering if the registry keys that are in the .iss file are
specifically needed. As they are they don't allow for one person to
install the package and another person then login and make use of some
things. Example:

HKCU\Software\Globus\GSI\x509_user_cert is currently set to
{userappdata}\.globus\usercert.pem

Because you're setting it only in HKCurrentUser only the installing user
will get that setting. All subsequent users won't. I propose this:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Globus\GSI\x509_user_cert set to %USERPROFILE%\Application
Data\.globus

(HKLM == HKLocalMachine)

That way this setting affects all users and should reference that right
spot.

What I was curious is if any of globus or Bob's tools point to the
previous key or not.