Discussion for later perhaps

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 2 08:11:10 CST 2003

I've made a design choice that reverts backwards on text. For now, text will
maintain it's own separate connection to a text service that each venue
runs. As opposed to message multiplexing over coherence, but only because I
don't want the text client to get a stream configuration that says, "Connect
to your local even service for data". The client side connection topology
gets icky because it's specified by the venue...I can explain this better in
person.

Anyhow, text is 85% working, but it's a simple broadcast based text. To do
simple syntax or command parsing work is clearly isolated. I think that's a
place for "making it more rich" after alpha :-)