Firewall document

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 8 15:14:19 CST 2003

A few more comments:

"When the term connection is used it is meant to mean a GSI Secured TCP
Socket"

    * Grammar complaint:  Change to "The term 'connection' refers to a
      GSI Secured TCP Socket"

The port tables confuse me.

    * I think there should be two tables: one for "minimal ports
      necessary to make things work", and one for optional ports.

In the table under the text "These services make no /wide area/ network
connections, but do require any firewall on the local machine be
configured appropriately"

    * "Services" should say that they use dynamically assigned ports.