FW: [security-wg] OGSA-Auth-WG now formed - telecon and GGF9 schedule

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 26 14:51:18 CDT 2003

We should have one person interface with this group since we've got an
authorization solution in place. We can probably provide useful feedback on
how authorization is used in our system, especially the fact that it's an
"internally exposed" interface -- that is, we modify it on the fly from
within our system. Many systems do not do that.

equirements-june3.pdf
http://www.globus.org/ogsa/security/authz/OGSA-SAML-authorization-profile-ju
ne4.pdf

Exit Strategy:

Completion of documents.

Relationship to other GGF groups:

OGSA-Security-WG: This working group is guiding the overall OGSA Security
architecture. The OGSA-Authz-WG was formed with the guidance of the
OGSA-Security-WG and it's goals and documents are in line with it's current
working documents for OGSA security architecture and roadmap.

SAAR-WG: This working group has generated a number of requirements that
should be considered by the OGSA-Authz-WG and either addressed in its
documents if possible or deferred to the next phase if not.

OGSI-WG and OGSA-WG: These working groups are defining the OGSA and the Grid
Service with this group is defining Authorization standards for. The
OGSA-Authz-WG is limited in scope to the Grid Service as defined by these
groups and needs to adapt to any changes to the OGSA or OGSI specifications
made by these groups.

Authz-WG: This WG has defined basic frameworks and terminology for Grids.
The OGSA-Authz-WG differs in that it is defining explicit standards to
enable interoperability scoped to OGSA. OGSA-Authz-WG should leverage the
work done by the Authz-WG to aid in communication and document writing as
much as possible. It may also work with the Authz-WG if it finds their
generated specifications aren't fit with the Authz-WG work.

--End Charter--